Sunday, January 1, 2012

Can you hear me NOW?

One thing you will learn about me is that when I am passionate about something I want everyone to share that passion with me.  I LOVE to share stories, gear and war wounds with fellow athletes, foodies and bakers.  To this day, my dad makes this gesture with his hand to tell me to "quiet down" when I talk about something I love.  While the conversation might begin at a reasonable decible, the more I love it the more my voice raises.  Pretty soon, you can see people moving back or wincing as they try to not detroy my enthusiasm over the topic at hand by telling me to shut the heck up.
Triathlons excite me. Even more so, triathlon GEAR excited me. Don't even get me started on the new GPS watch, Zoots, or compression gear. Or maybe you should if you have a few hours or days to spare chatting about it! See, if something has helped me, inspired me, or made my life easier...I want to shout it from the rooftops.
I struggled with shin splints for years. Every time I ran, shin splints. I literally could not run. I tried new shoes, different running ground, stretches, special exercises, praying, whatever I could! And then I heard about compression socks. These hideous looking, extremely expensive socks that were supposed to help. So, what did I have to lose?  I spent almost $70 on a pair of socks!!! Are you kidding me?? But, you know what? They worked. They truly worked and I have been running nearly pain free for about a year. And this makes me extremely happy. And I want you to be happy too. So I share. And I share loudly.
Please forgive me, in advance, if I share things with you and do so at an unreasonable sound. Feel free to ask me to lower my voice. If I can help you improve your time, keep you healthy, or share a cool new device I will be a happy girl. And go ahead and make the gesture that states, "quiet down." I promise I won't be offended ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment