Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can I borrow some hours?

As I went through my schedule last night and then looked at the things I still needed to add to the schedule I realized a couple things. One, I need a new scheduler because it runs out in March and two, I need more hours and days on said schedule.
I generally like to keep myself busy, but I always schedule myself in. I have been doing it for years. I know myself and I know that unless I get a few hours alone in a week, I will lose it. I will openly admit that. There will probably be a mini-meltdown should I not get some time to breathe, reflect and plan.
January is already proving to be a challenge. Every week has been full so far and then I find out I have so many more things to add to it! Now that I am sponsored I have to take in to account the days the team practices and I am contractually bound to attend practice. Of course the practices fall on a Thursday, when I teach, and a Sunday when I will have puppy class. AHHHH!! I should have asked Santa for more hours in a day.
This is why I schedule in time for myself. This afternoon I will get a couple hours to myself and I will be able to figure this all out and come up with a plan. Life will always get overwhelming at times, but if I can sit down, breathe and make a plan at least I will avoid previously mentioned mini-meltdown ;) And I will remember that it will all be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment