Thursday, July 18, 2013

COOKIES FOR SALE!!

As some of you know, I love to eat.  Okay, love is really under-estimating it...it's a passion, really. 

Going in to Ironman training, and also dealing with cervical cancer that won't go away, I was faced with a new challenge.  How will I fuel myself?  I refuse to eat processed foods such as: GUs, gels and most bars.  Hmmmm.  I guess that leaves the option of figuring it out for myself.  So, I put on my thinking cap(it's pink, btw) and decided that I would bake my own "cookies" for fuel.  I knew I would need a little bit of everything, but it couldn't be too processed.  And thus, my little Tri Cookies were born.  And, they have really worked for me!!  I don't experience any GI upset when fueling, and I get just the right amount of nutrients.  Most of all, they are delicious and I feel really good about knowing what's going in to my body.  I have posted the recipe on previous blogs.  It's simple, but it's good, and it's effective.  And since it's worked for me and I'm all excited about it, I thought I'd try something out.

I'm sitting here, in my house, recovering from yet another cervical cancer surgery.  I can't work for a couple weeks and so that means I have no income.  So what can I do to still effect others positively, while keeping myself occupied, and maybe making some money to put towards my Ironman fund? 

I WILL BAKE THESE TRI COOKIES AND SELL THEM!   That's just good for everyone!!

So, here I go!!  It's on!  Stock up on these cookies and eat them for a delicious snack, healthy dessert, or use them as your fuel on long rides or runs.  They are Oatmeal Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Cranberry.  I also add peanut butter for some extra protein.  But you can also get them with out the PB.  Feel free to call, text or email with any other questions.   

Each Tri Cookie has 100 calories, which is as much as a GU or gel.  And, for a limited time...they can be yours for only $1 per cookie!!  That is WAY cheaper than a GU, gel or bar.  And better for you.

Hit me up for your Tri Cookies today at 619-987-7962 or email me at lilredbmw@yahoo.com.  Feel free to pass this on to friends, family, athletes and other cookie enthusiasts!!  Spread the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment